The Future of the Kitchen Products Market in the BRIC Countries: Key Trends, Drivers, Opportunities and Challenges to 2016
The report provides top-level analysis of the BRIC Countries’ kitchen products market’s production, distribution and consumption dynamics
The growth of construction in both the residential and hospitality sectors should see demand for kitchen products increase, and the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games are expected to drive the hospitality, retail and leisure sectors, which will also support the market in Brazil. Moreover, the rapid growth in urbanization is expected to increase the demand for kitchen furniture, taps, mixers and sinks in the Brazilian residential sector. The size of the average family in Brazil is reducing, which is also expected to increase demand for kitchen products. Russia will host major sporting events such as 2013 Universidad Games, the 2014 Winter Olympic Games and the 2018 FIFA World Cup. Consequently, the construction of various sectors including residential and hospitality sectors should increase driving the demand for kitchen products. The retail boom in Russia, which slowed following the global financial crisis, has returned in some major cities, and the most dynamic retail market in Russia is currently St Petersburg. This growth in the retail market is encouraging consumers to buy more kitchen products. The modular kitchen market in India is expected to continue to record significant growth over the forecast period. The growth is primarily attributed to an increase in the number of housing projects, rising disposable incomes, changes in lifestyle and the emergence of nuclear families. Products are also expected to become more affordable with a variety of pricing options, and growth in the organized retail sector, changing perspectives on home aesthetics, increased incomes and a rise in the number of working women are also expected to drive growth. The concept of the compact kitchen is gaining popularity among Chinese consumers. Numerous international businesses from countries such as Germany, Italy and Denmark have entered the Chinese market over the past few years, particularly in the kitchen furniture market. The high prices and fashionable, unconventional designs of these imported products make them more popular in the premium segment of the market.
Key highlights of this title
- The kitchen products market in Brazil was valued at US$0.80 billion in 2011. Companies are targeting the lower-income C, D and E classes in Brazil, and are customizing products for these income groups. Designs for kitchen furniture aimed at higher-income classes are being retained, with cheaper raw materials being used to make the products affordable for lower-income consumers.
- The kitchen products market in Russia valued US$0.83 billion in 2011. Russia is preparing to host major sporting events such as the 2013 Universidad Games, the 2014 Winter Olympic Games and the 2018 FIFA World Cup, and preparation for these events is expected to drive the construction sector. Also, these projects are expected to drive development in the hospitality sector, which in turn, will drive demand for kitchen products.
- The kitchen products market in India valued US$0.56 billion in 2011. The modular kitchen market in India is expected to continue to record significant growth over the forecast period. This is primarily attributed to an increase in the number of housing projects, rising disposable incomes, changes in lifestyle and the emergence of nuclear families.
- The kitchen products market in China valued US$5.55 billion in 2011. The concept of the compact kitchen is gaining popularity in China, and modular kitchens have become particularly fashionable among the rich urban population in larger cities such as Shanghai and Beijing.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of kitchen products market in the BRIC countries:
• It analyses historical values for the BRIC countries’ kitchen products market for 2007–2011, along with forecast figures for 2012–2016
- It provides supporting country-specific analysis on the overall market as well as individual values for the industry’s key categories
- The report provides top-level analysis of the BRIC Countries’ kitchen products market’s production, distribution and consumption dynamics
- The report also details the competitive landscape for both manufacturers and retailers including the market entry strategy for the future
- The report entails the product innovation and marketing strategy as well as the customer segmentation for the market
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain insights into the manufacturing, retail and demand dynamics within the BRIC countries’ kitchen products market
- Identify the key market trends and opportunities for both existing companies and prospective new market entrants
- Assess the competitive landscape in the kitchen product manufacturing and retail sectors, enabling the formulation of effective market-entry strategies
- Assess the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within three key product categories: kitchen fittings and furniture, taps and mixers, sinks and waste disposal units
- Analyse the product innovation and marketing strategies happening in the market and the future outlook
More information available at: