Mobile Marketing Strategies and Emerging Opportunities in the BRIC Countries
Brazil is a leading user of mobile marketing and promotional initiatives, as Brazilian advertisers utilize digital mediums to market their products and services. The number of online display ad impressions is registering strong growth in Brazil, and a total of 62.9 billion display ad impressions were delivered through the online media in December 2011. Russian refer to the digital platforms in order to research about products, compare prices, connect with retailers and their promotional options, browse manufacturers’ websites, and post feedback and reviews. This is supporting the growth of mobile marketing initiatives from corporations. Most of the Russian digital marketing initiatives are online, although the number of mobile marketing initiatives in Russia is increasing. India’s mobile subscriber base reached 951 million in March 2012, after recording 8 million mobile subscriber additions during the month of March. Mobile internet is experiencing significant growth as one-third of Indian mobile users access mobile-internet services. The number of Russian mobile-internet users reached approximately 46 million users in September 2011, after recording a 15% quarterly growth. China’s rising mobile subscriber base and increasing mobile-internet user base is making it one of the leading destinations for mobile marketing and advertising. Corporations are planning to launch interactive and engaging mobile ad campaigns that help them improve their brand image and reach more customers.
Key highlights of this title
- The number of Brazilian mobile broadband subscribers increased from 20.6 million in 2010 to 41.1 million in 2011, and is expected to reach 124 million in 2014.
- The 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympics Games will be held in Brazil, which is encouraging corporations to make investments in mobile marketing to advertise their brand to a wider audience of the large inflow of inbound tourists that are coming to the country for these sporting events.
- Video-based advertising is growing rapidly in the country, and advertisers spent more than US$18 million on placing video advertisements on Russian language sites in 2010.
- India’s mobile subscriber base reached 951 million in March 2012, after recording 8 million mobile subscriber additions during the month of March.
- The smartphone penetration in India is very low, and less than 5% of the phones in the country are smartphones. However, handset manufacturers are launching very low-cost smartphones that value INR4,000–6,000, which is expected to increase the demand for Indian smartphones.
- The high penetration of mobile devices compared to personal computers has made mobile marketing a way to reach a wider audience in China, which is making mobile-based marketing and promotions an integral part of companies’ marketing initiatives
- China’s mobile-internet user base is dominated by the younger population, as over 29% of the mobile-internet users are aged between 10–19 years and over 36% are aged between 20–29 years.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the mobile marketing market in the four BRIC nations – Brazil, Russia, India and China
- It provides current and forecast market size for the mobile marketing market in each of the BRIC nations.
- It offers detailed analysis of business, infrastructure, technology and consumer trends driving the growth of mobile marketing market in each of the BRIC countries.
- The report highlights the key challenges faced by mobile marketing market.
- It provides case examples of key mobile payment vendors offering mobile payment services.
- It also provides insights into the future of mobile marketing market and upcoming trends shaping the growth of the market in each of the BRIC countries.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain in-depth insight into the mobile marketing market in each of the BRIC countries
- Understand the various market dynamics within the BRIC countries’ mobile marketing market, and use the knowledge to capitalize on the potential of these high-growth markets
- Take informed decisions and formulate effective technical and marketing strategies based on the report’s detailed market insights on the mobile marketing market
- Understand the key consumer, business and economic trends within the mobile marketing market in each of the BRIC nations
- Gain insight on the growth strategies adopted by key mobile marketing service providers
More information available at: