Lighting Products Market in the BRIC Countries – Market Opportunities and Entry Strategies, Analyses and Forecasts to 2016
The lighting products market in Brazil was valued at US$2.3 billion in 2011. Upcoming sporting events such as the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games are expected to drive the growth of the construction which should spur the demand of lighting products over the forecast period.
The impending 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympics Games that will be hosted by Brazil are expected to create a huge amount of business for the country’s hospitality, retail and leisure industries. These factors are expected to contribute to the growth of the lighting products market in the forecast period, despite the fact that the market was largely unfruitful during review period due to the global financial crisis and strict government regulations. The Russian government has been encouraging energy conservation during the review period. The State Duma passed several laws in 2009 to regulate the use of lighting products in order to ensure that the country’s overall energy conservation improves. The government has also made it mandatory for all government offices to replace incandescent bulbs with other energy-conserving lighting products such as CFLs. The increasing number of real estate activities and rapid urbanization that is taking place in India is expected to generate a higher demand for lighting products in the country. Also, the Indian government has initiated several schemes to cut carbon emissions in the country. For instance, the Bangalore Electricity Supply Company (BESCOM) introduced the Belaku Scheme, under which CFLs will be offered to consumers at subsidized prices. China has the largest lighting products market out of the BRIC countries, due to its massive internal demand and huge lighting products export capabilities. In China, the government has announced a three-step process to phase out the use of energy inefficient incandescent bulb. The National Development and Reform Commission are developing measures to encourage the promotion of LED illumination, based on the Green Lighting Policy of the Ministry of Finance. The country’s Twelfth Five-Year Plan is being drafted and will include the development of LED lamps, with estimates that the LED sales will quadruple during the forecast period.
Key highlights of this title
- In all the four countries in the BRIC region, the governments have started the implementation of nationwide transformations to phase out the incandescent bulbs and replace those with energy-efficient lighting products.
- The lighting products market in Brazil was valued at US$2.3 billion in 2011. Upcoming sporting events such as the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games are expected to drive the growth of the construction which should spur the demand of lighting products over the forecast period.
- The lighting products market in Russia valued US$1.3 billion in 2011. Sporting events such as the 2014 Winter Olympics and the 2018 FIFA World Cup should bring in more investments across different sectors which should aid the lighting products market in Russia.
- The lighting products market in India valued US$0.5 billion in 2011. With massive growth expected in the construction and housing industries, the lighting products market is expected to grow at a significant rate over the forecast period.
- The lighting products market in China valued US$13.3 billion in 2011. The rapid urbanization in China has supported growth in the construction sector which should support the growth of lighting products market over the forecast period.
- This report provides an extensive analysis of lighting products market in the BRIC countries:
• It details historical values for the BRIC countries’ lighting products market for 2007–2011, along with forecast figures for 2012–2016.
• It provides supporting country-specific analysis on the overall market as well as individual values for the industry’s key categories.
• The report provides top-level analysis of the BRIC Countries’ lighting products market’s production, distribution and consumption dynamics
• The report also details the competitive landscape for both manufacturers and retailers including the market entry strategy for the future.
• The report entails the product innovation and marketing strategy as well as the customer segmentation for the market.
Reasons to Purchase
- Gain a detailed understanding of the manufacturing, retail and demand-side dynamics within the BRIC countries’ lighting products market
- Analyse key market trends and opportunities for both existing companies and prospective new market entrants.
- Assess the competitive landscape in the lighting products market, enabling the formulation of effective market-entry strategies.
- Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within three key product categories such as lighting controls, lamps and bulbs, and luminaries.
- Assess the distribution channel dynamics in the market with focus on the future outlook.
- Gain insights into the product innovation and marketing strategies happening in the market and the future outlook.
More information available at: