Emerging Opportunities in the Russian Consumer Finance Market: Market Size, Strategies, Products, and Competitive Landscape
The Russian consumer finance market declined in 2009 but managed to recover strongly in 2010 and 2011. The recovery is primarily attributed to the stabilization of interest rates in consumer lending. The consumer finance market recorded a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.46% during the review period (2007–2011). It is projected to retain a high CAGR of 19.85% over the forecast period (2012–2016). The strong growth will be driven by the country’s improving macroeconomic fundamentals and rising domestic demand for consumer finance products.
Personal loans is the largest category in the Russian consumer finance market. It recorded a CAGR of 23.79% during the review period. Russia’s rising employment levels are expected to generate more demand for personal loans in the country. The improving employment conditions in the country will encourage Russians to increase their personal consumption expenditure, increasing the demand for personal loans. Most Russians take out personal loans to purchase furniture, large household appliances and mobile phones.
Leading global car manufacturers are increasingly strengthening their position in the Russian car loan market by setting up their own finance units and banks. These units generally offer lower interest rates than other credit institutions on car loans. Some banks set up by car manufacturers have significantly expanded their loan portfolios in the last two years.
Key highlights of this title
- The Russian consumer finance market recorded a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.46% during the review period (2007–2011). It is projected to retain a high CAGR of 19.85% over the forecast period (2012–2016)
- Personal loans is the largest category in the Russian consumer finance market, accounting for 49.3% of the total consumer finance market in 2011
- Personal loans was also the fastest-growing category in the Russian consumer finance market during the review period with a CAGR of 23.79%
- State-owned Sberbank is the leader in Russian retail lending market
- The mortgage lending market in 2011 in Russia made significant progress, with demand principally driven by the economy-class segment
- This report provides an extensive analysis on the consumer finance market in Russia
- It details historical values of consumer finance market in Russia for 2007–2011, along with forecast figures for 2012–2016
- The report provides a detailed analysis on key trends and drivers, challenges in consumer finance market in Russia
- It outlines current regulatory framework in the industry
- It provides the competitive landscape in the Russian consumer finance market
- It details the marketing strategies adopted by various companies
Reasons to Purchase
- Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the Russian consumer finance market
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities In Russian consumer finance market
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Russian consumer finance market
- Gain insights in to the marketing strategies adopted by companies to sell consumer finance products
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the consumer finance market in Russia
More information available at: http://bricdata.com/research/report/IS02018MR/