Emerging Opportunities and Growth Prospects of Health and Wellness Tourism in India
India has one of the most lucrative health and wellness tourism markets in the world. The Indian health and wellness market recorded remarkable growth during the review period (2007–2011), which was driven by factors such as the Indian government’s favorable policies and initiatives, and improvements in the country’s healthcare services, including reduced costs, lowering waiting time and improved healthcare infrastructure. Despite being smaller in size than developed countries, India’s health and wellness tourism is developing rapidly on both the regional and national level. Furthermore, the country holds enormous potential for the future growth of the market.
Wellness tourism is a rapidly emerging segment in the Indian health and wellness tourism market. It has been observed that wellness is the unique selling point (USP) of Indian tourism, and the country has promoted good quality unique travel experiences across the country on an emotional, physical, intellectual and even spiritual level. Moreover, the Ministry of Tourism is aiming to capitalize on India’s potential from its traditional systems of wellness and medicines, such as ayurveda, siddha and yoga, to present the country as a unique destination for spiritual healing.
Key highlights of this title
- India’s health and wellness tourism is expected to generate revenues of INR315,497.0 million in 2016, after increasing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 25.6% over the forecast period (2012–2016).
- A low cost, advanced medical technology and availability of qualified doctors attracts a large number of health and wellness tourists to India.
- Easy availability of medical visa makes India one of the preferred health and wellness destinations.
- Government initiatives to support health and wellness tourism have encouraged the growth of overall market.
- Hospitals and spas are utilizing social media to increase health awareness and promote their brand.
This report provides an extensive analysis of the health and wellness tourism industry in India:
- It details historical values for Indian health and wellness tourism industry for 2007–2011, along with forecast figures for 2012–2016
- It provides top-level analysis of the overall health and wellness tourism industry, as well as individual category values for both the 2007–2011 review period and the 2012–2016 forecast period.
- The report makes a detailed analysis demand drivers, market entry strategies and marketing and growth strategies in Indian health and wellness tourism industry.
- The report profiles top health and wellness companies in India.
Reasons to Purchase
- Take strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the health and wellness tourism industry and each sector within it.
- Understand the demand and supply-side dynamics within the Indian health and wellness tourism industry, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
- Assess the competitive landscape in the health and wellness tourism industry in India, and formulate effective market-entry strategies
- Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within the health and wellness tourism industry’s key categories, including healthcare, and spas facility
More information available at: