Emerging Opportunities and Growth Prospects in the Indian Travel Intermediaries Industry: Analyses and Forecasts to 2016
India was ranked the eleventh-most-attractive tourist destination in the Asia-pacific region by the World Economic Forum in 2010. Furthermore, travel and tourism is the largest service sector business in India, contributing 6.23% to the national GDP, and representing 8.78% of the total country’s employment. The volume of tourists in the country grew from 466.8 million in 2006 to 710.6 million in 2010, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.03% during the review period (2007–2011). The rising tourist volumes and subsequent growth of potential customers for travel intermediaries industry can be attributed to factors such as India’s robust global economic growth and government initiatives, including granting infrastructure status to tourism developments and incentivizing private investments in tourism in the form of income tax exemptions and interest subsidy provisions.
Key highlights of this title
- India’s strong economic forecast and positive business confidence will fuel the growth of the Indian travel intermediaries industry
- The Indian travel intermediaries industry is projected to grow from INR679.9 billion in 2012 to INR1,218.3 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 15.7% over the forecast period (2012–2016).
- The Indian government is implementing policies aimed at assisting the growth of the travel intermediaries industry and has allowed 100% foreign investment under the automatic route in the hotel and tourism-related industries.
- Mobile travel applications are expected to change the dynamics of overall travel intermediaries industry
- Metasearch engine is the latest innovation in online travel sites market
- This report provides an extensive analysis of the travel intermediaries industry in India:
- It details historical values for India travel intermediaries industry for 2007–2011, along with forecast figures for 2012–2016
- It provides top-level analysis of the overall travel intermediaries industry, as well as individual category values for both the 2007–2011 review period and the 2012–2016 forecast period
- The report makes a detailed analysis demand drivers, market entry strategies and marketing and growth strategies in Indian travel intermediaries industry
- The report profiles top travel intermediaries companies in India”
Reasons to Purchase
• Take strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to the Indian travel intermediaries industry and each sector within it
• Understand the demand and supply-side dynamics within the Indian travel intermediaries industry, along with key market trends and growth opportunities
• Assess the competitive landscape in the travel intermediaries industry in India, and formulate effective market-entry strategies
• Identify the growth opportunities and industry dynamics within the travel intermediaries industry’s key categories, including travel agents, tour operators and online travel sites”
More information available at: